Wednesday, January 17, 2018

OUGD601: Anonymous Beauty Blogger Interview

Interview with a blogger that preferred to stay anonymous answered questions on blogging. (Preferred to stay anonymous to be as honest as possible within the interview.)

Q1. How long have you been in the blogging industry?

“Two years.”

Q2. What made you start blogging?

“I learnt how to do makeup by watching bloggers on YouTube so I wanted to start one myself to have that impact on girls and post tutorials.”

Q3. What was the pivotal moment in your blogging career you realised you ran a successful blog that people engage with?

“When girls started messaging me asking for specific products, when instagram accounts were offering to send me free makeup and their products to advertise in my videos and when I was asked to give reviews.”

Q4. What’s the biggest change you’ve seen in the beauty community?

“The biggest change I've seen would have to be that there isn't many hair/stylist/acrylic nail bloggers.”

Q5. Do you think blogging to advertise products is more effective than more commercial means such as televised advertising?

“Yes definitely, because it targets such a huge audience and unlike an advert it's not obvious it's actually aiming to persuade.”

Q6. What are three goals for your blog/career?

“1). Teach girls how to do makeup 2). Experience and learn more in the industry 3). Not only enhance my makeup skills, but my writing and editing skills too.”

Q7. What is the process for a sponsored/ad post? (i.e: does the company normally approach you via email or other social media, how long does it normally take for the post to become live on your blog etc)

“I usually get instagram DMs and I take approx 1-2 weeks to read them, and up to a month depending what the product is. If a company is sending me products, it takes longer, if they just want a review it's up to two weeks until it gets into my blog.”

Q8. How do you get your blog noticed because the market is quite oversaturated?

“Hashtags. Following people who follow large beauty companies and tagging widely known makeup artists and bloggers. Posting regularly and keeping interactive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment